While we expect many members will train throughout the wicked and worsening weather this festive season, we will be giving our wonderful coaches and run leads a well earned Christmas break! Due also to seasonal closures at several of our training venues, the following sessions will NOT take place:
26th December – Tuesday Run – OFF
27th December – Wednesday Swim – OFF
28th December – Thursday Run – OFF
1st January – Monday Swim – OFF
2nd January – Tuesday Run – OFF
During the closures members are encouraged to make use of our Carlisle-tri public group on Facebook to arrange their own social training sessions.
We run four training sessions every week, comprising two swims and two runs.
- Monday’s swim session (8:25pm Carlisle Pools (20m) ) is a coached session focusing on technique and is suitable for swimmers of all abilities
- Tuesday’s run session is also coached. Meeting at the Sands Centre at 6:50pm for a 7pm start, the session focuses on speed work – and is suitable for all paces.
- Wednesday swim session at Morton Pool is uncoached, 7:15pm.
- Thursday’s run is an uncoached group run led by one of our friendly facilitators, roughly 10km distance with different routes run each week around Carlisle. Meet at Trinity Leisure Centre at 6:50pm for a 7pm start.
- Monday Swim: £4 CTC members / £7 non-members
- Tuesday Run: FREE CTC members / £1 non-members
- Wednesday Swim: £4 CTC members / £7 non-members
- Thursday Run: FREE CTC members / £1 non-members